EVRMC is the designated teaching-training hospital in the region and is expected to provide training opportunities to various medical professions throughout the entire region.
Accredited Residency Programs
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Family and Community Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
Eight out of the sixteen clinical departments in EVRMC have accredited residency programs. The Departments of Internal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology, has an accreditation status of 3 years while the Department of Pediatrics is accredited at Level 1 for three years. Moreover, the Departments of Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Family and Community Medicine, Anesthesia and Pathology are the only accredited residency programs in the Region. EVRMC is also the pilot area for the Medical Rotation Residency Strategy.
- BEmONC Training Program
- Basic Intravenous Therapy (IVT) Training Program
- Essential Intrapartum Newborn Care (EINC)
- Kangaroo Mother Care (KMC)
- Program for Young Parents (PYP)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Smoking Cessation Program
- Mother Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative
- Integrated Approach on Early Essential Maternal and Newborn CareLactation Management Education Training (IAMNC-LMET)
- Nursing Leadership Advancement Training Program
- In-Service Competency Enhancement Program
- Nurse Preceptorship Training Program
- Nursing Research Empowerment Program
- Skills Based training on ICD 10 for Coders
- Early Recognition and Management of Poisoning in the Community
- Integrated Management of Childhood Illness
- Philippine Integrated Management of Malnutrition (PIMAM)
- (PPIUD, SDI, BTL-MLA Training)
- Patient Safety Management Training Course
- Safe Medication Practices and Nursing Documentation
- Infection Prevention and Control Training
- Anti-microbial Stewardship (AMS)
- Wound Care Management
- 4Rs (WCPU)
- Cancer Prevention through VIA Training
- Trainers/Preceptors Training in Intravenous Therapy
- Basic Training on Research Methodology
- Medical Technology
- Radiologic Technology
- Physical Therapy
The hospital is also the base for skills training of student affiliates in the fields of Medicine, Nursing, Medical Technology, Pharmacy, Radiologic Technology, and Midwifery from schools all over the region. Students are exposed to the hospital environment to further their training and skills in their respective fields. Non-medical training programs are also available such as on-the-job training programs, internships, and summer clerkships.
As of November 21, 2017, EVRMC became an accredited Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provider. Trainings offered by the hospital can be counted as CPD units for application for the renewal of the PRC licenses of various medical providers.
EVRMC aims to be at the forefront of research innovation throughout the entire region. As such, its various training programs are integrated with research opportunities. Resident physicians are required to submit a research paper as a pre-requisite for graduation. Student affiliates from various courses and other personnel are also highly encouraged. The hospital has an active Technical Review Committee and an accredited Institutional Ethical Review Board (IERB). . In answer to the rising demand for research sites, the hospital is currently developing a fully equipped and functional research unit. EVRMC is also an active member of the Eastern Visayas Health Research and Development Consortium.