- Direct formulation of long-term, medium-term and annual environment and natural resources development plans and policies guided by philosophy and mandate of the Department and approved Provincial Development Plans.
- Integrate and recommend short, medium and long-term plans and programs of the Provincial Office based on the Department’s mission, goals and targets.
- Coordinate with regional and local planning bodies to ensure the Provincial plans and programs are aligned with the development priorities of the PDC and those of the local government units.
- Identify priority activities/projects in accordance with the DENR’s flagship/banner program thrusts for proper programming and allocation of resources.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all the units of the Provincial Office to guide management in resolving issues/shortfalls.